If you’re looking to buy Business Insurance you’ll have a certain level of power over a number of insurance brokers, insurance companies and insurance providers all wanting to do business with you.
With this in mind we’ll put you in the position of the dealer in our game of Business Insurance Poker so you can watch the game develop. Are you sitting comfortably? Then let’s begin:
If you already have Business Insurance we’ll give your existing insurance provider the dealer button as they really have the best seat at the table. They’ve already built some kind of relationship with you and they can sit back and wait to see what the competition does before they decide to act.
So next is the small blind. The small blind has an interest in your business as they’ve put in some of their own money in the hope they can win your business. You may have seen an advert for them, they may have sent you a letter or they may have called you to see if you’d like a quote for your Business Insurance.
Next is the big blind. The big blind when it comes to Business Insurance could well be an insurance provider you’ve heard of. They’ve spent a sizeable amount of money to get your attention (maybe a television advert or some promotion in the National press) and they aren’t likely to give up without a struggle. So those are the 3 insurance providers who definitely are interested in you and your Business Insurance:
– Dealer button – Your existing insurance provider Mark Hauser
– Small blind – Maybe an insurance broker who would like to help you
– Big blind – Perhaps an insurance company who has a large marketing spend and has got your attention.
It’s possible that this is only a 3 player game but as is becoming more common with insurance brokers and insurance companies other parties enter the game. These other insurance providers generally fall into 2 categories:
1. They are likely to offer something (or have a hand) similar to either your existing insurance provider (who still has the button) or the small or big blind.
2. These new insurance providers will offer you something different. They get your attention as they have noticed an element of weakness with the other people at Business Insurance table and are planning on showing you how good they are. So how are they going to do this? Well more often than not they will raise and when it comes to Business Insurance this means they will give you more than the other people at the Business Insurance table.